THE fy22 opportunity is now closed!
Check your FY22 submission status here
In an effort to help bridge the “Valley of Death'' between Phase II and Phase III, the AFVentures program has developed the Strategic Funding Increase (STRATFI) and Tactical Funding Increase (TACFI) Programs. Small businesses that have been awarded a Phase II contract within the last two years are eligible to apply for this annual notice of opportunity. The program requires various levels of matching funding and avenues for Defense and/or Industry matching, depending on the program sought.
Small Business Concerns (SBCs) must meet ALL of the following criteria.
- Company is considered a SBC and is eligible for a SBIR/STTR award
- SBC is on an active DAF SBIR/STTR PII or completed their DAF SBIR/STTR PII within two years of Capability Package submission.
- The subject PII effort has not already been awarded a second (AKA “sequential”) PII
- At least 90 days have passed since the beginning of the associated SBIR/STTR PII execution.
- At least 90 days have passed since the last complete Capability Package submission
- SBC is not executing a prior STRATFI effort at the time of submission.
- Anticipated work is to be performed in the United States.
Previously Recorded Webinars
To view past webinars on STRATFI/TACFI, please click the appropriate session below. To view slides, please click here!24 Mar Webinar Recording 10 Mar Webinar Recording 3 Mar Webinar Recording 7 Apr Webinar Recording 21 Apr Webinar Recording 5 May Webinar Recording
(STRATFI/TACFI APPLICATION CLOSED)
In order to submit a STRATFI/TACFI request, a website application has been created to collect submission information, communicate review status, and aid in expediting the review process. It is important you follow the outlined steps below.
1) Review the FAQs & SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
2) Review all GUIDANCE DOCUMENTATION
3) Complete required SUBMISSION TEMPLATES
4) Apply online by submitting your STRATFI/TACFI APPLICATION.
Note: Be advised there is no save feature for online application submissions. Your application MUST be submitted in one web browser session. The application itself should not timeout, however if the web browser is open for an extended period of time or is closed before final submission, all information entered will be lost. It is vital to have all information and documentation ready PRIOR to attempting the online application submission.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.