VISION (Virtual Innovation Support Integration Operations Network) is a strategic coordination suite that allows end-to-end services such as project and initiative entry, management, education, team establishment, collaboration, chat, analytics, task and risk management, as well as lifecycle tracking of innovation and improvement concepts and ideas.
- Department of the Air Force wide project visibility (with manager export function)
- Explore ideas (compare, collaborate, reduce duplicate efforts)
- Collaborate on projects (join team, follow)
- Create new initiatives (project, concept, improvement)
- Establish multifunctional teams
- Chat between teams
- Discover similarities and similar efforts
- Manage initiatives and portfolios
- Track and trace status of initiatives
- Identify project resources (funding/budget, manpower)
- Manage tasks with a Kanban tool
- Identify priorities and constraints with projects
- Use analytics for initiative and/or portfolio insight
- Build new and utilize existing education resources
- Create risk plans, highlighting barriers
- Connect with industry
Our Greatest Resource
We believe our Airmen and Guardian's freedom to think, collaborate, innovate and act is our greatest resource. If you are an innovator looking to share your existing projects, search for other ongoing projects across the ecosystem and collaborate, then look no further!
ACCESS VISION (Create account or login)
(current as of 1-11-2023)
VISION was initiated by a MAJCOM and AFWERX effort led by the Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center in partnership with Platform One, Party Bus. In less than 1 year after project kickoff the web based application was released to the Department of the Air Force under a Continuous Authority to Operate at IL-4. Rapidly growing, the project has recently been transferred to AFWERX for interim sustainment and scaling.