Defense Ventures Fellowship (DVP)
DEFENSE VENTURES FELLOWSHIP OVERVIEW
The Defense Ventures Fellowship (DVP) provides opportunities for the U.S. Armed Services to create impactful solutions for the Department of Defense (DOD) through an immersive education experience with the private sector. Fellows spend eight weeks developing an understanding of the venture capital and tech startup industry with some of the world’s most advanced companies.
BECOME A DEFENSE VENTURES FELLOW
AFWERX partners with Shift to provide an immersive program that selects innovative officers, enlisted personnel, and DOD civilians in the midst of their careers to join venture capital firms and technology companies across the US for eight weeks to bring the latest commercial tech trends and innovation back to the Department of Defense.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
In 2023, Shift will host Fellows from Across DOD, with immersions focused on venture capital, the startup ecosystem, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence.
- Two weeks of part-time work to prepare fellows with industry background (approx. 6-10 hours/week).
- Six weeks of full-time immersion with a technology company or venture capital firm.
- Capstone project to capture and share your experience.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Employees of the DOD (active duty, guard and reserve, civilian)
- Minimum of three years of professional work experience preferred
- Must be available for a full-time commitment to the program (CDR approval required if selected)
- Fellowships will be hybrid, virtual and in-person
Shift’s Defense Ventures Program in partnership with AFWERX is now accepting Fellowship applications for 2023.
2023 Fellow Schedule
- Part-time- Mar 20-31
- Full-time- Apr 3-May 12
- Part-time- Sep 18-29
- Full -time – Oct 2-Nov 10